Required model for an application is selected considering the winding tension , weight of the guide assemblies to be traversed , linear speed, stroke length ,shaft sag , Frictional force on the separately mounted guide assemblies if any etc.
Extensively Used in Spooler / Take up stand of Wire drawing, Stranding, Armoring, Braiding, Extruder and other Wire Processing Machines and , Rewinding machine etc.
Separate load carrier recommended in applications , where heavy Guide assemblies or Guide assemblies having Overhang are to be used or when large twisting forces and winding tension is present in the wire to be wound.
For calculation a model is pre-selected by estimating approximately total force required considering the weight of guide assemblies, Linear speed , Winding tension , Twisting Forces, Frictional force , Distance between capstan / pay off to traverse ,Max traverse stroke length etc. and verified as calculated below
1. F = Calculated required Side Thrust in Kg ,
2. m = Total weight to Be Traversed (Includes the weight of the traverse unit, and parts mounted on the unit)
3. V = Max linear speed .
4. t = Reversal Time. Select from fig (4) against model .
5. Fr = Frictional Force on the guide assemblies ( Relevant only when separate load carrier is used )
5. g = Acceleration due to gravity (9.81 m/sec2)
6. Fw = Force Acting on the Traverse due to winding tension ( Ref Fig 3)